The reason why HTML5 is the future has become quite clear. More people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices when compared to those using desktops. It is important for all businesses to ensure that their websites are responsive to these widely used devices because of this simple yet important reason. However, different types of mobile devices and multiple operating systems increase the challenges for providing support across platforms.
Are you in search for a solution that will work perfectly? Well, HTML5 might be the solution you need. To start with, its capability to run in just about any kind of setting is the main reason it manages to stay influential in the mobility world.
Until not so long ago, HTML5 was mostly used for static catalog development and structuring of light-weight micro sites. It has evolved and moved through many changes to attain write once, run anywhere (WORA) maturity when handling various applications through different mobility levels. The levels may include social engagement, gaming, trading business intelligence, entertainment, and lifestyle. According to statistics, HTML5 has a share of around 70% in the mobile development world and its growth remains progressive.
How Did HTML5 Change Things?
HTML4 was published in 1997. The development of XHTML, a parallel markup language, began around 2000. Its use has been common over the years, and the two are largely similar. One of the biggest drawbacks of HTML4 was its limited functionality. For instance, it required different plugins to provide anything more than textual content or images.
Looking to Boost Your Business Online?Request a Quote
The development of HTML5 relied on the following principles to make for a better browsing experience.
- Decreased dependency on plugins
- Replacing scripting with markups when possible
- Providing a similar user experience across different types of devices
- Making the development process public for increased transparency
Some other advantages of HTML5 over HTML include:
- HTML5 can easily detect a user’s location and then use it to provide tailor-made search results. It can even tag social media updates. In addition, it does not limit to a single provider’s browser tool or application program interface (API).
- Smart forms. HTML5 has made way for better controls when it comes to dealing with textual inputs in search boxes and elsewhere. Validating data, sending data via email, and interaction of textual inputs with other page elements has become streamlined.
- Focus on web apps. It is safe to say that HTML5 has simplified adding discussion boards, drag-and-drop tools, wikis, chat platforms, and a host of other elements into just about any website.
- The effect on mobile devices. As HTML5 adoption continues to gain traction, websites will load faster. This results in decreased bandwidth usage, which, in turn, leads to longer battery life for mobile devices.
Why We Use HTML5?
Why we use HTML5 is simple. Among the many HTML5 advantages, what stands out the most is that its enhanced web standards result in improved performance as well as highly efficient content management. HTML5 gives our web developers an easy way to create completely responsive websites that do not rely on plugins or add-ons. This gives the users of our clients’ websites a seamless browsing experience.
The expert web developers who are part of this Long Island web design company make the most of HTML5 benefits and features by bringing improvements in usability as well as overall user experience. They use various technical enhancements and the latest in HTML5 features to create dynamic websites and apps that focus on user-interaction. What also helps is that various other technologies such as PHP, ASP, and MySQL integrate with HTML5 easily.
What is the Advantage of HTML5?
There are various benefits of HTML5 and here’s why it is the future.
This essentially means there is a new set of tags that works in enhancing your HTML code, helping make it increasingly meaningful. Conventional developers use a lot of tag div. Now, they can easily develop using the new tags that include nav, header, and footer. This makes HTML more productive. When it comes to the classification of different webpage parts, HTML5 provides all the necessary semantic elements.
Storage and Offline Benefits
If you are worried about storage of user data for fast upload to servers, you shouldn’t be. HTML5 gives you a bank that you may use to store data and synchronize it to the server as and when required. This feature ensures that your application is working even when a user is not online, and greatly enhances performance.
Looking to Grow Your Brand Online?Request a Quote
It is not a good thing to have an application that will still function well without internet connectivity? It is, and HTML5 can help you achieve this. HTML5 can create an experience that may be reached by users with or without internet. In addition, you will also be able to save important data to databases locally.
HTML5 has the capability of speeding up and boosting real time chats and games. It also works in the delivery of improved communication. Connection and video conferencing controls are carried out in the browser directly, and this does not require external applications or plug-ins.
HTML5 has the ability to integrate video and audio smoothly into browsers, without the need for Silverlight or Flash. Initially, there was no seamless way for videos to be incorporated into website pages. This resulted in a need for video player development. While these players functioned well, the need for external plug-ins meant that you had to go through the annoying process of downloading them. Now, HTML5 does the work for you. Videos run smoothly and users get a good browsing experience without any delays.
3D Graphics and Special Effects
Integration and Performance
Mobile devices, without a doubt, have won the computer vs. mobile devices war. They have taken over the world, and an increasing number of people are starting to use them to perform internet-based activities. HTML5 is among the most favored tools by developers who brace for a future full of mobile devices. It has the capability of developing modern applications as well as mobile-friendly sites. Adobe is already indicating the death of Flash and developers will have to depend on HTML5 to handle web app development in the near future.
Mobile browsers have already embraced the use of HTML5 in the creation of mobile-ready projects. This is because of its ease-of-use in designing and building projects for smaller screen displays operated through touch. It improves markup tags including audio and video, animation canvas aspect, as well as modern semantic elements such as header, article, and aside. This gives a different appearance and meaning to various web page elements.
Is HTML5 Good for Game Development?
A significant number of game developers have already moved from Flash to HTML5, simply because game development in HTML5 offers various benefits. These include:
- Multi-platform support. Quite like websites and mobile apps, users can access games that are developed using HTML5 across different devices, operating systems, and screen sizes.
- Accessibility across browsers. Another reason why HTML5 is better that other technologies for developing games is that users may access such games through just about any browser, be it Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Silk, or Edge. The “cache manifest” technology gives users the ability to play games offline by storing information in the cache.
- Auto updates. HTML5 game development makes way for automatic updates. This takes away the need to carry out frequent and typically cumbersome manual updates. In addition, every game player gets to play the most up-to-date version.
- Easy maintenance. When using HTML5 for game development, ongoing maintenance becomes easy owing to a single code base. The configuration of new updates takes place automatically. Resubmitting the game to different app stores is not required, as users don’t store HTML5 games on their devices.
- Since HTML5 games offer increased access to users, they are capable of reaching wide audiences. This gives developers the means to monetize their games by offering in-game advertisements that promote other apps or websites. In addition, sharing HTML5 games through featured links on gaming-based websites is easy.
Why Is HTML5 The Future?
Technology in web development is evolving with each passing day. According to statistics, around 60% developers have already used HTML5 for developing major projects. Close to 20% native mobile developers are now relying on traditional technology lesser than before. This makes it quite evident that HTML5 is becoming the new platform of choice. It is only a matter of time before development through HTML5 overtakes all other native development methods.
Looking to Boost Your Business Online?Request a Quote
There will always be people who believe they need native mobile applications for more important platforms. However, most developers are now choosing to hop on the “working smart and not hard” bandwagon. In the near future, a web application will be required to work with most of the mobile platforms, if not all. This is basically why HTML5 is believed to be an important tool in future web development.
What’s Next After HTML5?
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), along with the WHAT Working Group (WHATWG), maintain the existing specification of HTML, referred to as the HTML Living Standard. They are already working on developing a non-versioned model that will simply be called HTML. What developers may expect from the next version of HTML includes:
- Image resizing. An image’s pixel size changes across devices. The next version of HTML could work in recommending desired heights or widths for images, and servers could then provide the most suitable resolutions.
- Increased control over videos. Going forward, HTML5 may provide enhanced control in spreading video structures across web pages. Developers may also expect increased control over text paths with annotations, subtitles, and the likes.
- Pluggable languages and processors. More pluggable and vigorous languages will offer web developers increased elasticity as well as design alternatives. Web developers will also be able to use pluggable processors for translating languages.
- Incorporating cameras. The future of HTML5 will witness mobile phone cameras discovering new and improved ways of capturing different types of photos and videos. It may also lead to better camera management and capture rates.
If you wish to find out how an HTML5 website can help boost your business online, get in touch with us now.